Upgraded 2019 Honda Pilot
In 2016, Honda produced its third generation Pilot which is still in high demand today in the three-row midsize crossover segment. Honda has upgraded the 2019 Honda Pilot to focus on family-friendly features and state-of-the-art technology to match the capability of the car.
Changes include more aggressive exterior styling, an available new hands-free power tailgate, substantial powertrain refinements, major upgrades to available connected-car technology, an available new Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration.
2019 Honda Pilot Starts at $32,445
The new Pilot was designed to provide a high level of active and passive safety protection and targets a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
For 2019, all Pilot models come standard with the Honda Sensing suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies. Honda Sensing® helps provide greater awareness of driving conditions around the vehicle, and in some cases helps drivers maintain lane position.
The Pilot also comes with Honda’s blind spot information system, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor, and several other driver-assistive features, such as automatic high beams and a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera.
2019 Honda Pilot Elite
Key Features New to the Pilot:
- Look Ma, no hands! The 2019 Pilot features a hands-free power tailgate. Drivers can simply kick their foot under a designated area of the rear bumper to open the tailgate as long as they have the remote key fob with them. Useful for occasions when hands are full.
- Wireless Smartphone charging, Wi-Fi hotspot, and Bluetooth® capabilities.
- CabinControl™ – A downloadable app for iPhone and Android phones, CabinControl™ allows passengers to use their smartphones to control a range of Pilot features, including the audio system, Rear Entertainment System, and rear climate control system. Any connected phone can search for an address or point of interest and then send it to the navigation system, where the driver can accept or reject it.
- Three-way heated front seats, second-row captain's chairs, and wider fold-down armrests on front seats.
- The new front bumper design incorporates larger fog light housings within the bumper, giving it a more aggressive look.
- New Instrument Cluster with touchtone features displaying vehicle speed and RPM in addition to driver-selectable customizable features (audio system and phone information, a detailed trip computer, and turn-by-turn route guidance).
- New steering wheel with enhanced controls.
- After much ado about volume control being located on the touchscreen menu, a volume knob has returned to the 2019 Honda Pilot. Consumers wanted easy access and not having to take their eyes off the road to adjust the music volume.
Check out the interior!
Even with the third-row seats in place, there’s still a spacious 16.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind them.
The 2019 Honda Pilot design truly kept families in mind with the new infotainment system. Honda wanted it to be easier to use in addition to enlarging the screen.
2019 Honda Pilot Starts at $32, 445
The third-generation Honda Pilot has always been a leader in the three-row midsize crossover segment. With all of the upgrades added to refresh and redesign the 2019 Honda Pilot – this SUV will continue to be a leader of the pack in this segment. If your family is looking for a midsize seven-passenger (3-row) SUV, the 2019 Honda Pilot is worth a test drive. We had so much fun test driving Pilot and pushing it to the limit to test the safety features. You really can't go wrong with the Honda brand, but the 2019 Honda Pilot is in a class of its own. I recommend stopping by your local Honda dealership for a test drive today!
- Did you know that when it comes to buying a set of wheels, statistics show that women play a leading role in 85 percent of all auto purchases? True story.
- Two female teams and two Honda vehicles – 2019 Pilot and Ridgeline – will be participating in this year's 1,500-mile Rebelle Rally. 2018 marks the second annual Rebelle Rally. The event showcases the ability of teams of one female driver and one female navigator to cross the wilderness with nothing but a map and a compass. That's right – no GPS system and/or Google searches allowed. Female competitors will travel across the southwestern United States, between Lake Tahoe, Nevada, and San Diego, California (over 1,000 miles). The competition focuses on precision navigation, timing, and off-road acumen vs. just speed.
The lead engineer for the 2019 Honda Pilot is Lara Harrington. Lara is Chief Engineer at Honda's Research and Development Americas based in Raymond, Ohio.
Get Social with Honda!
Honda offers a full line of reliable, fuel-efficient, and fun-to-drive vehicles with advanced safety technologies sold through over 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. The Honda lineup includes the Fit, Civic, Accord, and Clarity series passenger cars, along with the HR-V, CR-V, and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup, and the Odyssey minivan.
Honda has been producing automobiles in America for more than 35 years and currently operates 19 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2017 more than 90 percent of all Honda brand vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, using domestic and globally sourced parts.
We hope that you enjoyed Simply Amazing Living's “Upgraded 2019 Honda Pilot” post.
We were hosted by Honda and not compensated to write this post.
As always, the views expressed in my post are my own.
1,708 total views, 3 views today