This is a sponsored post and contains affiliate links that benefit the production of Simply Amazing Living's website.
5 Legendary Sandals Resort Cocktail Recipes to Make at Home
Put on your favorite reggae music and get ready to mix these five legendary Sandals Resorts' cocktails right from your own home!
Whether you’re counting the days until your next Sandals all-inclusive vacation in the Caribbean, you just returned home from your vacation, or you are looking to take your pool time to the next level, we hope these amazing cocktail recipes will help you unwind and enjoy your leisure time.
These Sandals' cocktails are delicious and easy to make. We hope you love them as much as we do!
First up is the Dirty Banana Cocktail. This cocktail is the most ordered cocktail at Sandals Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean, Sandals South Coast, Sandals Ochi, Sandals Negril, Sandals Royal Plantation, Sandals Royal Barbados, and Sandals Emerald Bay guests.
The Dirty Banana tropical cocktail is smooth, delicious, and tastes great when you’re relaxing poolside, taking in a stunning island sunset, or even just relaxing at home.
1. Small Dirty Banana Cocktail Recipe
1.0 oz. Dark Rum
1.0 oz. Crème de Cacao Dark
3.0 oz. Milk
0.5 oz. Simple Syrup
- Get your blender ready, add some ice, and add in the other ingredients.
- Blend until your mixture is smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Pour into a cocktail glass, garnish with a pineapple wedge.
If you like cocktails that are pleasantly surprising a Hummingbird cocktail may be worth your while. With rum cream, Appleton, and hints of banana and other tropical elements, this is one cocktail that’s worth mastering and recreating over, and over, and over again!
2. Hummingbird Cocktail Recipe
1.5 oz. Appleton Special
1.5 oz. Rum Cream
0.5 oz. Crème de Cacao Dark
0.5 oz. Grenadine
- Set up your blender then add ice and other increments. The goal is a smooth consistency, so blend for about 30 seconds.
- Pour your mixture into a tall cocktail glass, garnish with a cherry, and serve.
Creamy and delicious, a BBC cocktail is the perfect drink to get addicted to while the time ticks on to your next vacation. This drink is great to throw together for a date night, or even for a pre-vacation celebratory cocktail!
The BBC cocktail is a favorite of Sandals Halcyon Beach, Sandals Grenada, Sandals Grande Antigua & Sandals Barbados guests.
3. BBC Cocktail Recipe
1.0 oz. Irish Cream
1.0 oz. Appleton Estate Rum
1.0 oz. Banana Liqueur
3.0 oz. Piña Colada Mix
- Use your blender to mix the ingredients and ice for a smooth consistency. This usually takes about 30 seconds.
- When you’re done blending, pour your drink into a cocktail glass and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
Frozen Bob Marley
The Frozen Bob Marley is a household name in Jamaica and throughout the globe. If you’re planning a Caribbean vacation, then it’s a good idea to start with this cocktail with his namesake which will quickly have you falling into island rhythm and jammin’ to the beat.
This Frozen Bob Marley Cocktail is a favorite of Sandals Regency La Toc guests.
4. Frozen Bob Marley Cocktail Recipe
2.0 oz. Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
2.0 oz. Mango Daiquiri Mix
2.0 oz. Appleton Gold Rum
1.0 oz. Blue Curaçao Liqueur
- Set up your blender and gather all your ingredients along with some ice. Blend strawberry daiquiri and ice until the mixture is slushy. Add to your cocktail glass to make the first layer of your cocktail.
- Blend mango daiquiri with ice until slushy. Pour/scoop half of the mango mixture into your glass for the second layer. Do not stir.
- Put Blue Curaçao into the other half of the mango mixture. This will cause your mixture to turn green. Place the mango mixture into your glass as the third cocktail layer. Do not stir.
- You can add more rum to the top of your cocktail layers as a float, but this is optional. Add rum to taste.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and serve.
Miami Vice Cocktail
Miami Vice cocktails are a sure way to spice things up on Caribbean beaches. This cocktail is a top choice of Sandals guests and with a first taste, you’ll quickly see why. Ahead of your vacation or even after, perfect and enjoy this delectable drink with this recipe.
Favorite cocktail of Sandals Royal Bahamian guests.
5. Miami Vice Cocktail Recipe
1.5 oz. Appleton White Rum
2.0 oz. Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
0.5 oz. Lime Juice
1.5 oz. Dark Rum
2.0 oz. Piña Colada Mix
0.5 oz. Pineapple Juice
- Set up your blender and gather all your ingredients along with some ice.
- Blend the strawberry daiquiri mix with the Appleton white rum, lime juice, and ice until the mixture is slushy. Set mixture aside in a mixing glass.
- Blend the Piña Colada mix with dark rum, pineapple juice, and ice until the mixture is slushy.
Pour both mixtures into one cocktail glass. Do not stir.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and serve.
You don’t need to be a professional bartender to create amazing cocktails. With the right bar tools, everyone can make these amazing Sandals cocktails from their home. Don't know what a jigger is? Let us help you with that.
Here are some of the bartending essentials worth investing in for the perfect cocktail at home:
Blenders are used often in the world of bartending. There are different grades of blenders depending on the use and these include high-end versions that are especially good for frozen drinks and smoothies. A regular blender works just as well for homemade cocktails.
Cocktail jiggers are used to measure shots of cocktails. You can pick these up at the store in a range of sizes from 0.5 – 2.5 oz. Jiggers are primarily associated with measuring in the bartending world, so much so that in some recipes the word jigger is used as a unit of measurement.
A cocktail shaker is used to mix beverages in a way that creates the perfect blend of flavors. This tool makes a world of a difference in the cocktail preparation process especially considering ice can be added to the shaker to cool drinks fast.
A hand juicer (or an electric one) is one of those things you probably don’t want to be without on a night of cocktail making. Especially if you will be making a few cocktails for a larger party. Hand juicers make it easy to quickly extract juice from citrus fruits and vegetables. Fruits and veggies like lime, lemon, orange, and tomato can easily be juiced with a hand juicer.
The mixing glass is most often used with a bar spoon and strainer and you can use it to help stir, strain, and even cool your cocktails without diluting them during the preparation process. This is a bartending essential that both professional and home bartenders need
Bar spoons will definitely come in handy at your home bar. You can use one of these to mix or layer your cocktails when the recipe calls for it. Bar spoons are usually long-handled and can be used for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The length of this spoon makes it easy to get to the bottom of tall jugs and tumblers for mixing.
There is a wide range of uses for chinois across the board even outside of the world of bartending. Some types are used by chefs and home cooks, and bartenders use this tool as well for straining. A chinois has a conical shape with fine mesh and they can be used to give cocktails a smoother texture.
Ice Cube Mold
An ice cube tray might be one of the easier things to find as you’re shopping around to fill your home bartending tool kit. It can be fun to try various types of ice trays as there are lots of different molds and sizes to choose from. Keeping it simple works as well.
A muddler is a useful tool to mash or grind fruits, herbs, and spices that are added to cocktails during preparation. This tool is similar to a pestle and it is great for getting to the bottom of the glass to crush ingredients in order to release flavors and enhance the taste.
Many cocktail recipes call for drinks to be served in a tall glass and most of the time a highball glass, which is a tall tumbler, will work just fine. The average highball glass holds about 8 to 12 fl oz. and it is similar to the Collins glass with the Collins being slightly taller and slimmer.
422 total views, 8 views today