This Apple Cider Walnut Cupcake Recipe article contains affiliate links. For more information on affiliate links, click here.
Apple Cider Walnut Cupcake Recipe
Apple Cider Walnut Cupcakes are one of my favorite fall cupcake recipe ideas. They are light, fluffy, and topped with vanilla buttercream frosting. This recipe is easy to make and the end result is absolutely delicious. If you have a nut allergy, simply don't include the walnuts and enjoy.
Equipment needed to make this recipe:
- 1 package (15oz) spice cake mix 1 1/4 cup Apple cider
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice 2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line 2 cupcake trays with 24 cups
- Beat cake mix apple cider eggs oil and apple pie spice on low speed with an electric mixer or large mixing bowl until blended.
- Beat at medium speed for two minutes
- Straight down the sides of the bowl and fold in chopped walnuts.
- Evenly distribute between 24 muffin cups
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to call in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Remove from pan and allow cupcakes to cool completely for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top with frosting and more chopped walnuts
Can I add vanilla?
Absolutely. It didn’t really need it due to using apple cider.
Can this be made without icing?
Yes, it tastes like an apple nut muffin.
How do you choose Buttercream Vs Cream cheese?
The cream cheese gives a tangy sweet and very smooth flavor to the apple cider cupcakes. The buttercream will be sweeter and not have the tang.
I like vanilla buttercream, but you could also use brown sugar maple buttercream or vanilla cream cheese buttercream frosting.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- 3cups powdered sugar
- 1/3cup butter softened
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla
- 1to 2 tablespoons milk
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Directions:
- In a medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with a spoon or electric mixer at low speed. Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar.
- Insert frosting into a piping bag and squeeze in a swirl motion on top of each cupcake.
We hope you enjoyed Simply Amazing Living's “Apple Cider Walnut Cupcake Recipe” post.
208 total views, 3 views today