January ’18 Choose Love Campaign Photo Results
I made a pledge to Choose Love each and every day of 2018. I made a pledge to accept others regardless of our differences, to not exclude anyone because they do not believe in the same things that I believe in, and to go out of my way to focus on love and not hate or division. Will you join me?
5 Steps to Actively Choose Love
- Don’t immediately respond when in a conversation with others and you disagree with their opinion on the topic of discussion. Listen to what the others have to say and then try and look at the situation from their point of view vs. just your own before you respond.
- Go out of your way to say thank you to a teacher. In my opinion, teachers do not get the recognition they deserve. Thank your child’s teacher or call one of your former teachers out of the blue and thank them for helping make you a better person. Education is the key to changing the world.
- Pay it forward. Paying it forward automatically makes people feel good for getting something they didn’t expect and not having to give anything but appreciation and gratitude in return. Hopefully, the individual will take the initiative to pay it forward to someone else.
- If you have children, go through their toys and books with them to determine the items they no longer play with or have outgrown and then take the items directly to a charitable organization in need vs. taking them to a donation drop off location. This way, your children are able to see where their items are going and how they will benefit someone else. Contact United Way’s charitable information line by calling “211” and find out which of their nonprofit organizations are looking for items that you would like to donate.
- Hold the door for others to walk through after you or hold the door to for others to walk in before you. We are all in a rush these days and don’t always take the time for common courtesy. Who knows, you might make a new friend by doing something so simple and so basic.
In addition to February being Black History month, it also hosts one of my favorite holidays – Valentines Day. A great way to show someone that you love them is by joining our campaign to spread love and buying your loved one a “Choose Love” t-shirt. Your loved one gets to wear your declaration of love and your purchase goes to raising money for AIDS awareness and prevention. Win-win situation!
RED has a fundraising effort honoring George Michael and to raise much-needed funds for AIDS awareness/prevention. RED is a non-profit organization that partners with the world’s most iconic brands that contribute up to 50% of profits from (RED)-branded goods and services to the Global Fund.
RED is selling a “Choose Love” t-shirt — a spin on the “Choose Life” slogan for $30 (US). Proceeds will benefit RED’s fight to end AIDS. You can purchase one for yourself or for a loved one by clicking HERE
Please join us in spreading awareness of this campaign by purchasing one a t-shirt and posting photos of yourself wearing it on social media with the hashtags: #ChooseLove #ChooseLoveGM and @RED.
Choose Love in 2018
I post a picture each day on my Twitter account (@autumnatlanta) featuring different people around the world wearing the Choose Love t-shirts. My goal is to remind everyone that love and compassion for others should come above all else. We were all put on this earth together and we should work towards loving and accepting everyone.
Join our campaign and follow along!
Remember to ALWAYS Choose Love!