Simply Amazing Living's “Choose Love” Campaign
I pledge to Choose Love! I pledge to accept others regardless of our differences, to not exclude anyone because they do not believe in the same things that I believe in, and to go out of my way to focus on love and not hate or division. Will you join me?
5 Steps to Actively Choose Love
Here are a few simple things you can do to make an impactful effort of choosing love in 2018:
1. Check on an elderly neighbor. Stop by and just say hello especially if you know that they don't receive many visitors. My husband visits our neighbor's house a few times a month to say hello and talk politics and sports. Our neighbor looks forward to the visits and has given my husband's telephone number to his children in case they are not able to get in touch with him – an added safety precaution.
2. Actively talk to your children about equality and race relations. Don't just assume and/or rely on their school to teach them that we are equal regardless of race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. Open conversations and exposure to experiences and cultures outside of your own open the door to inclusion and acceptance.
3. Stand-down when in an online disagreement on social media even if you think you are correct. Have you ever heard of someone changing their views based on “facts” they discovered in social media comments? I don't think so. Removing yourself from online conflict is always a good idea. Wouldn't be it wonderful if everyone treated each other with the respect that you would expect if you were having a face-to-face conversation vs. being able to hide behind the computer screen?
4. When driving, take an extra few seconds to wave someone into traffic in front of you. Even if they don't take the time to wave “thank you” to you, you still did a good deed.
5. A simple smile makes a world of difference. Go out of your way to smile at others – you might just brighten their entire day! “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Theresa.
Choose Love in 2018
Each day of 2018, I am posting a picture on my Twitter account (@autumnatlanta) featuring different people around the world wearing the CHOOSE LOVE t-shirts. My goal is to remind everyone that love and compassion for others should come above all else. We were all put on this earth together and we should work towards loving and accepting everyone.
Remember to ALWAYS Choose Love!
We hoped you enjoyed Simply Amazing Living's “Simply Amazing Living's Choose Love Campaign” post.
2,246 total views, 2 views today