Simply Amazing Living’s “Choose Love” Campaign
In 2018, I pledge to Choose Love. I pledge to accept others regardless of our differences, to not exclude anyone because they do not believe in the same things that I believe in, and to go out of my way to focus on love and not hate or division. Will you join me?
5 Steps to Actively Choose Love
- Experts are saying that coloring books for adults can be both entertaining and helpful in relieving stress. Revert back to your childhood with adult coloring books with more detailed and creative images designed specifically for adults. Purchase one for yourself or for a friend or family member that you think could benefit from an adult coloring book by clicking here.
- Be physically active. Simple things like taking a walk, walking your dog, or jumping on your bike for a ride around your neighborhood can help you gain focus and set aside the problems of your world out of your mind for a moment. I love to try and fit in 20 miles on a bicycle each day in a cycle or spin class.
- Volunteer! According to Psychology Today, volunteers live longer and are healthier. “Volunteers are happier and healthier than non-volunteers. In fact, during later life, volunteering is even more beneficial for one’s health than exercising and eating well. Older people who volunteer remain physically functional longer, have more robust psychological well-being and live longer.” – Psychology Today
Helping others always puts me in a good mood!
- Help to spread the love of reading by donating your old books! I am an avid reader and love to go back and reread books so that I can relive the stories once again. However, I do try and donate as many books as I can so that others can enjoy the stories as well. Sring Cleaning is a great time to go through your books and select the books you would like to donate and make room for more! I have a Kindle, but I still enjoy reading hardcover books as well. I don’t know if I can ever convert to solely reading e-books!
- “If you see something, say something.” It is a good reminder to always trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, it usually isn’t. Stand up and speak out as you just might be able to help someone that doesn’t have a voice or an opportunity to help themselves.
Choose Love Campaign
I purchased my “CHOOSE LOVE” t-shirt during OMAZE’s fundraising partnership with RED this past December to raise money for AIDS awareness and prevention. I wanted to continue spreading the message of “Choose Love” although Omaze no longer sells these t-shirts. However, you can still purchase t-shirts with other positive messages by Omaze with a portion of all sales going to non-profit charitable organizations.
The mission of the OMAZE organization is to build a community that leverages the power of story and technology to transform lives. The world’s top celebrities, influencers, and brands— from Robert Downey Jr., Serena Williams and Jon Stewart, to the cast of Star Wars and Game of Thrones—work with Omaze to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences and exclusive merchandise for their fans, all in support of the causes they are passionate about. Since launching in 2012, Omaze has impacted over 200 charities and received donations from over 175 countries. Omaze democratizes the traditional giving model and enables charities to engage with a massive global audience to drive new levels of awareness and raise more money. Currently, only 7% of charitable giving occurs online. By bringing influencer-driven fundraising online, and making it fun and easy for everyone, Omaze is unlocking a previously un-tapped donor network.
Order your t-shirt today!
To purchase your shirt with a positive message and support a variety of charitable efforts – click HERE.
SIMPLY AMAZING LIVING!
Autumn lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her husband and children. She is a travel addict, self-professed foodie and has an obsession with cycle/spin classes.
Autumn is an abuse survivor and has a passion for writing about overcoming the obstacles of her past and sharing her experiences of how she is now thriving as a wife, mother, and entrepreneur. She believes in the mantra to Choose Love in every aspect of her life. Read More…
Looking for Something?
Shop ZYIA Active HERE!