Choose Love March Photos
In March I pledged to Choose Love. I pledge to accept others regardless of our differences, to not exclude anyone because they do not believe in the same things that I believe in, and to go out of my way to focus on love and not hate or division. Will you join me?
5 Steps to Actively Choose Love
- Experts are saying that coloring books for adults can be both entertaining and helpful in relieving stress. Revert back to your childhood with adult coloring books with more detailed and creative images designed specifically for adults. Purchase one for yourself or for a friend or family member that you think could benefit from an adult coloring book.
- Be physically active. Simple things like taking a walk, walking your dog, or jumping on your bike for a ride around your neighborhood can help you gain focus and set aside the problems of your world out of your mind for a moment. I love to try and fit in 20 miles on a bicycle each day in a cycle or spin class.
- Volunteer! According to Psychology Today, volunteers live longer and are healthier. “Volunteers are happier and healthier than non-volunteers. In fact, during later life, volunteering is even more beneficial for one's health than exercising and eating well. Older people who volunteer remain physically functional longer, have more robust psychological well-being, and live longer.” – Psychology Today
Helping others always puts me in a good mood!
- Help to spread the love of reading by donating your old books! I am an avid reader and love to go back and reread books so that I can relive the stories once again. However, I do try and donate as many books as I can so that others can enjoy the stories as well. Spring Cleaning is a great time to go through your books and select the books you would like to donate and make room for more! I have a Kindle, but I still enjoy reading hardcover books as well. I don't know if I can ever convert to solely reading e-books!
- “If you see something, say something.” It is a good reminder to always trust your instincts. If something doesn't feel right, it usually isn't. Stand up and speak out as you just might be able to help someone that doesn't have a voice or an opportunity to help themselves.
Choose Love Campaign
I purchased my “CHOOSE LOVE” t-shirt during OMAZE's fundraising partnership with RED this past December to raise money for AIDS awareness and prevention. I wanted to continue spreading the message of “Choose Love” and developed my own T-shirts.
We hope you enjoyed Simply Amazing Living's “Choose Love March Photos” post.
1,491 total views, 3 views today