Make the Pledge to Choose Love!
In January of 2018, I made the pledge to Choose Love and I will continue that pledge in 2019. I made the pledge to accept others regardless of our differences, to not exclude anyone because they do not believe in the same things that I believe in, and to go out of my way to focus on love and not hate or division. Will you make that pledge with me in 2019?
With all of the negativity that is going on in the world right now, we need love more than ever. I believe that it is easier to love than it is to hate. I believe that we are all born with love in our hearts and that hate doesn't come naturally – it is taught. It takes an effort to hate.
Always Choose Love! #Choose Love
In truth, I must say that choosing love comes second nature to me. I have tried to choose love in every aspect and circumstance of my life. As many of you who read my posts in the “My Story” section of my site, I experienced abuse and neglect throughout my childhood. I also experienced a lot of hatred because I am bi-racial and I grew up in an entirely all caucasian community. Regardless of whatever happened to me, I always believed and hoped that there was some higher meaning or purpose for my life and I chose to love those who didn't love me in return.
Happy New Year!
I post daily motivational tweets on Twitter on reasons why we should choose love above all else. Below are twenty of my favorite quotes on love that I posted on my “Choose Love” Twitter campaign in 2018. Enjoy!
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr
- “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr
- “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” ― Mother Theresa
- “People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love…” ― Nelson Mandela
- “Our life changes the moment we choose love over hate!” ― Avijeet Das
- “Choosing to unconditionally love others is a path to deep joy.” ― Amy Leigh Mercree
- “Love is the strongest force the world possesses and yet it is the humblest imaginable.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “Where there is love there is life.”― Mahatma Gandhi
- “When you choose to perceive Love over fear, life begins to flow.” — Gabrielle Bernstein
- “Choose love and peace will follow. Choose peace and love will follow. —Mary Helen Doyle
- “There is love enough in this world for everybody if people will just look.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- ”A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.” – Thomas Carlyle
- ”Piglet: ‘How do you spell ‘love’?’ Winnie the Pooh: ‘You don’t spell it…you feel it.'” – A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
- “The way we can allow ourselves to do what we need to, no matter what others may say or do, is to choose love and defy fear.”– Martha Beck
- “Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third.”– Marge Piercy
- “Love is the bridge between you and everything.”– Rumi
- “I choose love. No occasion justifies hatred.”– Max Lucado
We hope you enjoyed Simply Amazing Living's “Choose Love in 2019!” post.
3,140 total views, 1 views today