Disney Dreamers Academy
Have you heard about the Disney Dreamers Academy? I recently had the opportunity to listen to a few of the Dreamers who attended the Disney Dreamers Academy. They were incredible, to say the least. It was inspiring to listen to their journeys and to see how the Disney Dreamers Academy shaped their lives.
In partnership with Steve Harvey and ESSENCE Magazine, the program is designed to help inspire and motivate young people to dream big. In Disney Dreamers Academy, students learn how to set goals, make plans, and begin making their exciting new dreams a reality.
Disney Dreamers Academy started in 2007 and to date 1,000 have graduated from the academy. Disney Dreamers Academy is a power-packed, 4-day event held annually at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, in which 100 select high school students, ages 13-19, are inspired to dream big and get a jump-start on making those dreams come true! Students chosen to attend travel from every corner of the country to participate in a series of sessions and workshops held within the magical setting of Walt Disney World Resort, virtually turning the theme parks into vibrant classrooms where Dreamers can imagine bright futures, make exciting discoveries and learn how to put their goals into action.
Dreamers engage in a wide variety of experiences while working side by side with some of today’s top celebrities, community, and industry leaders, and dedicated Disney Cast members.
Disney Dreamers Academy Aims to:
- Inspire students through immersive and inspirational guest speakers
- Introduce a world of possibilities in a variety of interactive career sessions, ranging from animation, journalism, entertainment, and entrepreneurship to culinary arts, medicine, and zoology
- Prepare students for the future through developing skills such as networking and interviewing
As the visionary founder of the Walt Disney Company, Disney created a legacy that has transcended his lifetime, leaving behind a brand and company renowned for its rich and unique heritage. Students participating in Disney Dreamers Academy will follow in the footsteps of Walt Disney, the ultimate dreamer, and leave prepared to be a role model for others as they believe in the power of their dreams and make a positive difference in their communities and the world.
Disney is currently seeking students with a winning combination of attributes. They’re looking for potential Dreamers who reflect a strong character, positive attitude, and persistence to take advantage of opportunities.
- Intellectual curiosity – creative and quick-witted
- Compassion – gives to others who need assistance
- Courage – overcomes obstacles, brave, spirited, survivor
- Leadership ability – the go-to person who pursues ideas with passion
- Dreams about their future
- A positive approach to life
- Grateful and humble
- Takes advantage of resources
The program even has a component for parents to teach them how to nurture their dreamer! The Disney Dreamer Academy wants the participants to succeed. The program helps young adults self-awareness, to know their passion, to know their gifts, and to know the steps needed to achieve their dreams.
We hope you enjoyed Simply Amazing Living's “Disney Dreamers Academy” post.